However, the greatest value of the manor is its buildings, which are well preserved thanks to restoration. The manor complex consists of the manor house, former school building, administrator’s house, a barn, a household building, and a tea house which is located in the old oak park with a trail leading further to the Meža (Forest) Park.
Ungurmuiža manor house was built in 1732 and it is the eldest residential house of wooden manors in Latvia. It stands out among others with its exquisite wall drawings by Georg Dietrich Hinsch, a painter from Limbaži.
The former bedroom of the ex-owner of the manor — Baron Campenhausen — is guarded by two grenadiers painted on the wall. Other rooms are decorated with flower patterns, drawn wallpapers and hangings, along with scenes from the baron’s military expeditions and journeys abroad. Meanwhile the family chapel is decorated with a painting depicting an angel and a slogan: “Unity, love, trust”.
Each and every wall painting, artefact at the manor, and the smallest corner of nature, permeated with peace, bring memories of the old times back.